Technical Marketing Engineer (i.e. Unicorn)
Morpheus Data is a rapidly expanding Denver based enterprise software company focused on multi-cloud management and DevOps workflow orchestration. To support our growth objectives this year we need experienced tech savvy professionals with experience in Technical Marketing and/or Solution Architecture to accelerate our content creation, evangelism, and sales enablement efforts. We need somebody who combines the best of solution engineering, community building, technical writing, and social influence…. i.e. the Unicorn.
In this role you will be responsible for developing technical whitepapers, reference architectures, solution guides, blog posts, and videos based on Morpheus use cases and integrations into third-party clouds, DevOps ecosystem partners, and IT Operations tools. You will work closely with marketing, sales, and strategic alliances teams to prioritize deliverables and engage in joint content development work as appropriate. You may also be called on to assist in partner onboarding, training, and customer facing events/presentations.
You must have a practical understanding of cloud computing architecture and DevOps processes with experience designing, deploying, and operating self-service provisioning and automation solutions. Hands on experience with virtualization technologies, containers, configuration management, and ITSM tools is critical as you’ll be documenting integrations with our ecosystem of 75+ integrations and applications including OpenStack, VMware, Pivotal, SaltStack, ServiceNow, and more. Experience as a vendor, end-user customer, and channel partner are a plus to gain credibility when working alongside these audiences. Existing experience as a blogger or social influencer with an existing following are a plus plus.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with Technology Alliance Partners and Morpheus Engineering to document best practices, reference architectures, whitepapers, videos, and other technical marketing content based on hands-on work with Morpheus and adjacent technologies.
- Develop technical product training, conduct workshops, and document product demonstration frameworks
- Facilitate visibility in the broader technical and social influencer community to raise awareness of Morpheus
- Assist in driving product management inputs based on detailed understanding of customer needs and market dynamics
- Provide competitive analysis based on understandings of solutions such as VMware vRealize Automation and other stacks
- Augment presales team as required to support workshops, demonstrations, and proof of concepts
- Collaborate with Engineering, Sales, and other teams to provide product, presentation, demos, or other crucial feedback
- Facilitate regular communication between Alliance partners, Morpheus engineering, customers, and field sales teams
- 5+ years of experience working with a top-tier systems vendor or customer, either in cloud architecture, solution architecture, or technical marketing
- 5+ years of experience as sales or systems engineer, including building and implementing virtualization and cloud computing solutions including IaaS, PaaS, and Containers
- Expertise in virtualization, ITSM, CI/CD, configuration management and other automation technologies
- Understanding of core compute, storage, and networking topology and devices as well as public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excellent communication skills; experience developing content strategies and writing whitepapers, blogs, and reference architectures
- Excellent verbal communication skills; comfortable giving presentations and speaking in front of an audience
- Willingness to travel 25%, mostly within a limited geographical area with some occasional travel to other regions
- Skills in basic programming fundamentals and experience with Ruby, Python, Java, PHP, Git, Bash, or PowerShell is a plus
- Skills in technical marketing tools such as Camtasia, Video editing suites, Adobe, etc. also a plus
Ideal candidate able to work from our Denver-based office although other locations considered based on strength of matching job requirements. If you’re in Denver, you’ll be able to do your job in our office space that fosters a collaborative environment by providing lounge areas to talk, healthy snacks, coffee and a beverage bar, as well as Lunch provided daily (who says there is no such thing as a free lunch). Finally, you can also take a break in our on-premises workout facilities or mingle over a game of billiards, ping pong or Foosball. Join Morpheus Data and enjoy working for one of the most innovative, industry transforming start-ups in tech industry.
Full-time positions include competitive pay, equity opportunities, and excellent benefits. Please email CV and brief note describing why you think you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
Morpheus gives developers, IT managers, and DevOps professionals full control over bare metal, VM and container-based systems across any cloud or infrastructure. A single platform provides complete application lifecycle management, including one-click provisioning, backup, recovery, logging, monitoring, reporting, and access control. In addition to native capabilities, Morpheus offers more built-in integrations than any other cloud management platform on the market.
Morpheus Data LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
|Job Category||Engineering, Marketing and Business Development|