Senior Sales Engineer
Morpheus Data is a rapidly expanding Denver based enterprise software company focused on multi-cloud management and DevOps workflow orchestration. To support our growth objectives this year we need and tech savvy operations and development professional to assist customers and sales teams with advanced solution design and implementation.
In this role you will help achieve sales and revenue goals, evaluate technical requirements of new sales opportunities, and develop technical solutions that successfully meet the needs of prospective customers. The Morpheus Sales team is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer with a combination of presales architecture and practical technical skills to join our Southern California expansion.
In this role, you will work closely with account and specialist sales representatives. You’ll guide practical workshops and deep-dive demonstrations of our offerings, deliver proofs of concept, and assist customers with delivery of professional services.
As a Sales Engineer, you will also work with our ecosystem of 75+ integrations and applications including OpenStack, VMware, Pivotal, SaltStack, ServiceNow, and more. You must have a practical understanding of cloud computing architecture with experience designing, deploying, and operating self-service provisioning and software automation. Experience both as a vendor and end-user customer are a plus to gain credibility when working alongside others undertaking digital transformation projects.
Primary job responsibilities
- Develop and implement cloud sales strategies to help Morpheus meet its objectives
- Present solutions and technical proposals to existing and prospective customers
- Perform direct architecture gathering, design, and presentation of solutions to meet customer needs through workshops and other activities
- Research and write responses to technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Support presales workshops, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks
- Contribute to the team by sharing knowledge, documenting customer success stories, helping maintain the team lab environment, and participating in team initiatives
- Participate in internal meetings with Engineering, Product Management, and other teams to provide product, presentation, demos, or other crucial feedback
- Conduct workshops and facilitate engineering and presales contacts with the partner ecosystem
- Own and meet a revenue quota; perform regular reviews and reports about the opportunities that your assigned partners are working on
- Facilitate regular communication between partners, Morpheus product teams, customers, and field sales teams
- 5+ years of experience working with a top-tier systems vendor or customer, either in cloud architecture, sales engineering, or a solutions architect role
- 8+ years of experience as sales or systems engineer, including building and implementing virtualization and cloud computing solutions
- Expertise in virtualization, ITSM, CI/CD, configuration management and other automation technologies
- Understanding of core compute, storage, and networking topology and devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable giving presentations and speaking in front of an audience
- Willingness to travel 25% to 50%, mostly within a limited geographical area with some occasional travel to other regions
- Skills in basic programming fundamentals and experience with Ruby, Python, Java, PHP, Git, Bash, or Powershell is a plus
Full-time positions include competitive pay and excellent benefits. The ideal candidate should be located in southern California. Please email resume and brief note describing why you think you would be a good fit for this role to dmoore + @ + morpheusdata.com
Morpheus gives developers, IT managers, and DevOps professionals full control over both VM and container-based systems across any cloud or infrastructure. A single platform provides complete application lifecycle management, including one-click provisioning, backup, recovery, logging, monitoring, reporting, and access control. Morpheus offers more built-in integrations than any other management platform on the market.
Morpheus Data LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.